Friday, February 6, 2015

CHANGE fear


CHANGE FEAR


Twelve noon, Tuesday, February 3, 2015, was three plus years in the making.   I presented at  #TCEA2015 .  TCEA stands for Texas Computer Education Association.  It is the largest state organization devoted to the use of technology in education.  To be selected to present at this organization’s state conference in Austin, TX was testimony to my desire to help lead in education’s digital transformation.  This could never of happened had I not let go of fear.  Fear of the unknown which kept me teaching the very same way I was taught.  Fear of failure which kept me from moving forward and taking a chance on increasing my education.  
On Tuesday, February 3, 2015, after presenting to adults whose own education, teaching experience, and or technology knowledge and skills may have been more than mine,  they let me know that they had learned something new from me which they could not wait to implement in their classrooms   I was washed over with a sense of gratification, self-confidence and self-respect.  I did it!  I actually did it.  Still, I had to ask myself, what took me so long?  I cannot believe how long it took me to get over the fears that have held me back but, I did it and that is what matters now.  
The repercussions of my actions today are affecting not only my own classroom but the classrooms of other educators.  A key requirement for this to happen is to embrace change.  I am proof that a person can increase their education and knowledge and that others can benefit positively because of that one change.  “The first step in successful tech integration is recognizing the change that may need to happen inside of yourself and in your approach to teaching” http://www.edutopia.org/.  



No comments:

Post a Comment